We chose to stay at an apartment for two reasons:
1) there were 3 of us adults. A hotel room would be too small, two hotel rooms would be a waste sebab takkan lah my SIL (which we call kakak tp sebenarnya lagi muda) nak dok dlm bilik sorang.
2) we want to cook for breakfast as breakfast is not provided. Lagipon slalu kan kalo hotel oversea ni diorg bagi breakfast ham, bacon la. Geli plak.
So we settled for one bedroom apartment. We chose Adina Apartment Barrack Plaza because it's in the city. Takyah nak fikir pasal transport plus makan pon dekat. Sayangnya Adina only has one bedroom apartment. They dont have 2 or 3 bedrooms apartment. Nasib baik Kakak tak kisah tido atas sofa.
Even though last minute, i managed to compare the price online with a few agents; Agoda, Expedia and AirAsia Go. Agoda price was RM2500 while AirAsia Go and Expedia offered RM2100 for 3 nights. Of course we settled with AirAsia Go. Booking was easy peasy.
We reached Perth Airport at about 2.30pm. Taxi ride from the airport to the hotel costed us AUD48 (i was looking at the meter the entire time and screaming in my head "Mahalnyaaa.. Baru half an hour ride!" Checked in at Adina at around 3pm. The receptionist is friendly. Her name is Shaya. No charge for third person check in which i was worried about since we booked a room for two.
We were given a room on the second floor. Macam selalu masuk bilik hotel, kami semua jakun lah meng-explore. The room comes with:
-one bathroom with a bath tub
- a kitchen fully equipped with a fridge, hot stove, dishwasher, pots, pans, mugs, glasses, cutleries, plates, an electric kettle, a microwave.. All you need in a basic kitchen. We used Sabun Taharah to samak all the utensils before using them, just in case.
- dining table that sits 4
- a study table
- sofa set
- washing machine and dryer
- iron and ironing board
- flatscreen tvs (one in the living and one in the bedroom)
Dining and kitchenette
Kitchenette complete with basic kitchen utensils.
Living area with Kakak in it.
We feel like home already. Facilities in the hotel includes a gym and swimming pool. You can request for a parking bay at the hotel's carpark and it costs you AUD25/day.
What i love most is that Adina is really in the city center. Everywhere you could possibly wanna go by foot are close by. Right in front of the hotel are 2 asian/Korean grocers, a 24/7 convenience store is 2 minutes walk away. On the same block there's a Halal Indonesian restaurant and opposite that, a Kebab restaurant. Hay and Murray Street Mall (which are the highlight of the city) are 5 minutes walk away. Train station is 5 minutes walk away and you can take the bus (free service within the city) in front of the hotel.
I am so glad we decided to choose this hotel. i'd give it a 4 out of 5 based on my experience.
At the hotel entrance.