Yes, Mount Kinabalu. As in the highest peak in Southeast Asia. As in the 4.1km in height mountain. Serious lah Si Teefa yang bimbo ini pernah panjat gunung itew??
Seriously dude, do you think i'm that lembik? i came, i saw, i panicked, i whined, i walked, i climbed, i crawled, and i finally conquered. Phew!
i went with a few of my uni seniors in my second year, i seriously didn't know many of them. The only person i really knew was my coursemate, Aznan dan 2-3 orang senior. Kebetulan they need one more person in that trip (something about kalo ade lg sorang, dapat murah fee dier), i just went on with it. i only have like, 10 days to prepare. 10 days ape la sangat physical preparation ko boleh buat kan? Mane la sempat ko nak build stamina yada yada yada. i just jogged like 4 times and played futsal twice. As for clothes and shoes, aku bawak je sweater, long sleeved t-shirts, and a windbreaker. And baseball cap.
Looking back, i can't actually remember the hardest part of it. Yang aku ingat, mase on the way tu banyak pokok periuk kera, nampak ular, view sangat cantik (macam kat Korea.. even though tak penah gi Korea), and Nan and i were so jakun coz when we breathe, keluar asap-asap yang sejuk tu.. Macam kat Korea sangat!! Oh, and when we conquered the summit, there was phone reception! So i called my family and bragged about being on top of Mount Kinabalu. Macam tak susah kan panjat gunung?
i remember thinking "What the hell am i thinking, wanting to climb this monster?"
Meet Aznan, my matrikmate and coursemate.
We found this on the way up. Nasib baik dier tak terkam kitorang ennn?
Cantik kan? Macam kat Korea tak?
i think this tree looks like a big bonzai tree.
The most gorgeous sunrise..
Pointy tip tu la puncak dier.
At this point i was so damn exhausted that i was practically crawling.
Finally reached the summit!
Kalau korang ingat korang je kat atas nunnn, forget it la. Ramai gler orang. Takkan dapat amek gamba sensorang.
Boleh lepak-lepak sambil minom kopi cenggini mase nak turun tuh..
Oh, the other two are my uni seniors. Skang kite sume keje kat kompeni yang same. Magik kan??
Boley la senyum nak sampai bawah dah!
As i'm writing this, the badddd memories rushed back to me:
1) i was freezing coz apparently we need to wear a snowcap (sebab kalau tak, body heat akan cepat released through kepala.. Dah la sejuk atas gunung tu!). Mane lah aku tau kan? So aku pakai je baseball cap bodoh tu and it doesn't work to trap the heat. Nasib lah Nan baik hati kasi aku gilir2 pakai snowcap dier.
2) i had to wear like 5-7 layers of clothes coz IT WAS FREAKING COLD!!!
3)We had to buy our own dinner, and nasik goreng tak sedap itu costed me RM21!!
4) We have to resume climbing at 2 in the morning. It was freaking cold that i can't feel my hands! i was convinced i have frostbite and my hands had to be amputated!! Haaa tu la nak sangat glove comel gambar bunga-bunga bagai. Nasib baik takde pape. Drama lebih je.
5) You have to climb for,like, 12 hours to reach the summit but you only get to spend 5 minutes there!
6) The climbing part is not as bad as the descending part. Mase turun gunung tu jari-jari sakit, lutut menggigil and pinggang nak tercabut okeh. My toenail was severely damaged and had to be removed!
The reason i write about my Kinabalu trip is that I'M GONNA DO IT AGAIN THIS COMING 12 FEBRUARY!!!
Call me crazy.. You'd think that i've learnt my lesson and takkan menyusahkan diri nak panjat-panjat lagi dah. Apparently NOT! i made the decision to join the SOC Outdoor Club in 10 minutes ok. Dan terus beli tiket online. Half an hour after that aku menyesal.
Like, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Well, the damage is done. Less than a month to go. Sekarang ni saya berusaha gigih ke gym sekerap mungkin pakai steps machine tu untuk membina stamina dan muscle utk mendaki nanti. Dan saya juga kembali berfutsal. Dan jogging kat park. Dan training naik gunung. Haritu naik Gunung Kutu dah. Pancit bebbbbb!
Wish me luck, people!!